Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The First Egg   oil   8x6
 click to buy

I had the idea to make this painting about the unwrapping of a present- just a peak at the egg.  Seems like maybe a bit too much narrative, but I always have a difficult relationship with narrative.

I'm writing a cookbook and plan to do a series of food paintings that are vaguely related to the recipes-just enough to give some structure to subject matter. This is the first one. (I usually wipe the first one of whatever I'm painting).  I've been collecting recipes for a few years from a dear friend and fabulous cook- really gifted. The first chapter is about eggs. I will probably post only one recipe a week as this is an art blog and not a food blog. More eggs coming: boiled, fried, raw, whole and broken, alone and in tandem.


No comments:

Post a Comment